Thursday, March 11, 2010

Anniversary And Awards!

Each and every friend I made here in the bloggyland is dear to me. These awards are dedicated to the past year of friendship, inspiration, art and creativity of all sorts. I have learnt many things new after entering this new found land... Every friend has taught me something new and I cherish it. Thanks a zillion to all my friends who have stood by me this past year. Today my blog, DWOA, completes its one year of blogging. I started with THIS post :)

I would like to start with the mention of Renee, a dear inspiring soul who is no more with us. She lost her life to cancer. She has been a source of support and inspiration for many. I am deeply moved. We love you, Renee:) I had posted this in my side bar but I thought I should mention it here...

Here's few awards that I designed and created for those special friends who deeply inspired and stood by me...

Drumroll pls...

This award is for Soulbrush. She is one of my earliest blogger friends who inspires me each day with her art and creativity. She is the one who put me to ATC art and sent me some blank cards to work on. Thank you Soul for being there and inspiring me. You know how much I value you :)


Teri, as you all know (my regular readers), is our chief cactuteer who started the Cactus Monday group. She is a prolific artist too who tries almost everything thats art. I love that spirit as I too try it but not as much as her:) She loves daisies immensely. Here's The Cactuteer Award saluting to your artistic spirit of honoring the cacti.


Lynn is a Quilting Queen in the real sense. She has that ne'er-get-tired spirit!!! She's always on the go... Gorgeous artistic quilts are the result:))


Bella is the belle whose art just makes you swoon!!! I have almost everytime, sat in awe looking at her art. She's a fantabulous artist whose girls make us go gaga. So here's the Award for the Master (feminine gender doesn't sound good) Doodler!


This award is for Yoon See, Julie, Artist Unplugged, Gloria, Cris, Evelyn, Patricia, Deepa Raman, Harishita Marianne, Studio LoloMargaretRachana, Sayli, CatherineShruti, Lakshmi and Peter. Each one is a GEM. You have to visit all these blogs to know their worth. They are colorful, interesting, full of life and makes my heart flutter each time I visit them. Do check them out.


Super Supporter Award is for my recent friends who have been a source of immense support. I am truly thankful to each and everyone... This award goes to 
And I feel some names have slipped from my mind, in that case pls pls help yourself with it.
This may not be Big Deal for many but this is my humble way of showing my appreciation and sharing my celebration with you all blogger friends.

I would also like to mention my Hubby, my friends - Seema, Maru and above all my l'tl one, Anoushka aka L'tl A, who are a Huge source of inspiration.

These awards are for the extremely talented trio...Aniket, Mahesh and Amritorupa. I have been blown off by their writing skills many a times. I love their writings and would start missing them from time to time like Bella's art. I am now missing Amritorupa and Mahesh's writing. Amritorupa aka Little Girl Lost is really lost! She hasn't posted for a very long time now. Mahesh, where are you??? Post something soon...






Now help yourselves with these Awards and share my pleasure and celebration. I will be coming to your blogs and will leave a message, incase you reach here earlier...you can grab it:)))
Hope I haven't left out any of my dear friends' names:)) If so, you can pls let me know...

There will be a giveaway in my next post, so pls stay tuned:)))

45 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Wow! Thank you so much. I feel so honored and do love the award you have made for me using my art quilts. I will copy it and post it on my blog. Thanks again so much.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

What a sweet thought. THANK YOU! It's been fun getting to know you & everyone else out here in blogland. :))

Julie said...

Thanks Deepa!!! So sweet! You made all of these yourself??? I love Souly-B's award...awesome!!!! You are a dear!!! I will place it in my sidebar of awards!!
xoxo- Julie

Ash said...

That was quite a celebration & felicitation...... I enjoyed every bit of it.... Deepa was right..... Ur work is of sheer interest to me.... I loved your awesome & geeky creations...... UR A G!!!!! (Genius!)

Ash....
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

studio lolo said...

Deepa, how very sweet and creative!! I don't visit as often as I'd like to, so thank you very much for thinking I deserve an award anyway ;)
I will post this on my blog. Perhaps I'll save it for next Thursday for Thankful Thursday!

♥ Lolo ♥

Unknown said...

Hi Deepa
HAPPY ANIVERSARY!! You are so creative with the designs - I like my Butterfly Award, thank you :D.

soulbrush said...

is it really a year already? i feel so overawed by this award deepa. it is truly wonderful. no one has ever done something like this for me, and my heart is filled with joy. thank you so very very very much. it is going on my blog right now! (i rmember you asking me about atcs, ha ha lolo got me started and i passed it on to you).

catvibe said...

These are just lovely Deepa, great job on them, and such a thoughtful and heartfelt offering. Thank you very much, you are a ray of sunshine Deepa.

soulbrush said...

it's on my blog with a special thankyou and a dedication to a very fine lady who we both knew and loved, thanks so much again deepa, this is more special than you will ever know.

marianne said...

Wow Deepa!
What can I say?!
Thank you dear.
Not only are your awards very sweet and thoughtful but also beautifully created!
I am thankful for the friends I have met while blogging and that you are one of them!
Thanks♥

ps I have already posted it on top of my TT post

marianne said...

Oeps I nearly forgot to congratulate you!
Congrats on one year of fun!

Margaret Ann said...

OOOOH MY! Congratulations Deepa! What an achievement...Your awards are so cool! Thank YOU for bringing your special artistic touch to the world of blogging...Hugs from Arizona! :)

Nalini Hebbar said...

THANK YOU for the award...You are very talented and I love you art...So here's wishing you many creation filled days ahead!

Mohan said...

Hi Deepa, Thanks for the award. I feel privileged to receive such a spirited award from your wonderful artsy blog :)

Congratulations to you on completing a year in the blogosphere and Look forward for many more great artsy stuff in the days to comes :) Congratulations to all the other awardees as well.

Now I look forward for the giveaway contest!

magiceye said...

thank you deepa.
it always is a pleasure to visit your blog and spend quality time.

Teri said...

Wow Deepa, you created all those awesome awards?!!! Each one is so gorgeous and special. I absolutely love mine and will post it soon. Thank you SO much for being so thoughtful and so artistically creative!!!

Unknown said...

wow!! a designer award for me too!! :) Thanks. I'm much honoured.
I just loved how each award is so personal. hats off to u!!

Anonymous said...

Oh.. Deepa!! this is super sweet... Thank you sooooooo much!!

Deepa Jagarlapoodi said...

Thanks for the Butterfly Award and the mention.Let more and more Art thrive in your heart..

Kcalpesh said...

Thanks for your kind gesture! Award accepted :-)

Manjunath said...

Hey thanks for the award and indeed this is my first award on blogosphere and thank you very much for the privilege and btw congratulations on your first anniversary and hope your blog will be a premium by next year :)

Pallav Gogoi said...

I am feeling better after reading this wonderful post. Thanking with flamboyance is an art that I should learn from you. Thanks Deepa :)

Nethra said...

Thanks deepa. That was very sweet of you. :)

Pooja said...

thnx deepa, so much for such an immensely wonderful and touching gesture..
my support is there always.. you have an absolutely beautiful blog. keep inspiring!!!

Pooja said...

oh and happy anniversary!

Anu Lal said...

Thank you so much Deepa. it is nice to know that I have been counted on as an inspiration and a support, for you. Keep writing. May god bless you.

Chapters From My Life said...

thank you so much.. I feel so honored

Peter Breese said...

Thank you so much Deepa, I am honored by the award! I always appreciate your visits and enjoy visiting this wonderful blog of yours.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

aaww...thank you soooooo much Deeps :)
that was mighty sweet of you...
designing the award and presenting it your own elegance, style and elan...
thank you soooo much :D

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

deepa- when i came here i didnt expect to see my name. it shows true friendship when you remember someone though you may noy ve heard from them in 5 months...
i was lost... in a newly married life :) hopefully i will be more regular now...
thanks so much sweetie... now i ll go n check out the posts i ve missed.

ViShaL said...

Thanks a lot Deepa. It is really sweet of you to have done this.

Congratulations on completing an year and cheers to many more :)

Thanks again!

Karan Agrawal said...

Hi Deepa, thnx a lot for appreciating! Means a lot to me... ;)

Shrinath Vashishtha said...

That's great...! A zillion congratulations on the First Anniversary of your good blog, dear Deepa...!!! Keep rocking!

And thank you for the cute little award! I loved the kind gesture and accept it as my piece of the birthday pie... My best wishes to you and Cheers always! :)

Marthann's Musings said...

Looks like you have a wonderful following that is very much deserved. I just started my blog about 3 months ago. I hope in a year I have done as well as you have. Congratulations .

Aniket Thakkar said...

Thank you so very much for the award! Its the new job that's been hogging all my time lately. But I've been working on my new writing web site which I hope I'll be able to make live this week. Would be delighted to see you there. :D

I admire your passion towards all forms of art. You're awesome.

yoon see said...

Firstly, a big congrats to your 1st blogging anniversary Deepa, I wish many more to come!

Sorry to be late here Deepa.
I only access my blog today.
Thank you dear Deepa for the award.
I am so so touched and ready to accept it from you.

You really got a kind and big heart and I hope you will continue to produce more beautiful work.

Cheers and love,
Yoon See

GlorV1 said...

Deepa, you are so sweet amiga. I love the work you did on those awards. Thank you for thinking of me. I truly appreciate it Miss Cactus Lover.:D Congratulations on your year and I sure am glad I met you because you so inspire me with your creativity. Your heart is a good and kind one. ::hugs::

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh goodness, Deepa! Oh my goodness! Here it is, YOUR blog birthday, and you've made it a celebration for everyone else. You are so very generous. This felt like the Oscars! And I am truly humbled and honored to receive this glorious award from you. YOU, who creates such beautiful art and spreads love. Thank you, my dear friend. I am touched, really really really. Congratulations to all these lovely recipients!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful, you have designed them beautifullu.

Seema Kozhithody said...

Deepu dearie!!!!! Here's a great bundle of solemn, joyful, and heartfelt wishes from me on the first anniversary of ur lovely, marvellous, and very innovative blog...! I congratulate u on the relentless effort and ur undaunted spirit behind creating all these wonderful pieces of art...Kudos to u, dear..May u soar high in ur upcoming creations in ur blog and also receive more and more awards from the fellow bloggers...Let it lift up ur spirit to create more and more new... I am really moved and so happy by ur kind gesture that I have been a huge source of inspiration for u..!!! I accept it from the bottom of my heart...:) Once again, wish u a "Very Happy Blog Anniversary"!

aayanman said...

Thank for acknowledging Scrambled Egg on your bloggaversary !

I wish you many many happy posts for the day, hope to see some poems,stories from you.!!

soulbrush said...

every day when i look at my page, i see my award and feel so special. are you okay? haven't seen you in a few days. xxxx from london.

joshi daniel said...

so nice of you Deepa! thank you so much :D

Juliette Crane said...

what a charming idea to create these awards. so beautiful. your post brings tears to my eyes. i am happy to have found and to be following your blog. thank you so much for sharing:) best wishes, juliette

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

Thanks Deepa,getting to the blogging woorld after along time after amonth.i was just going through yor pages when i saw the butterfly award being given to me by you.thanks a lot my dear friend.i will cherish it throughout...do read my blogs for sure.will wait